Your information is handled with care.
“You” or “Your” means a user of the Service, which could refer to an individual, an employer, an employee associated with an employer account, or any other authorized user of the Service.
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect and Use
- Sharing Information
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
- Security and Storage of Information
- Persons Under the Age of 13
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Region-Specific Disclosures
- Updates to this Policy
- Contacting Us
- Last Revision Date
1. Information We Collect and Use
We collect personal information from our users in a variety of ways, including:
- Information you provide. We may collect and store personal information you register for our Service or provide to us in some other manner. For example, when you register with the Service, we collect your name, email address, password, contact information and employment information. If you are an employer, we also collect information about your business, payment information and any information you provide about your employees, including your employees’ contact information and pay-scale. We may also collect any communications between you and 鲸鱼电竞 , any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features of the Service, and any other information you provide to us.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. After you set up your account, we collect information in connection with your use of the Service, including your work schedule, your availability, your time records, your photo, your messages to others on the Service and comments you make on the Service forums or blogposts.
- Information we receive from social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook or Google, or share 鲸鱼电竞 content on Facebook, Twitter, or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, and we will not post information about you on third party social media sites without your consent. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Address book, calendar and contact information. With your permission, 鲸鱼电竞 may access your contact list available on your mobile device, in your email accounts or other information system you connect with the Service in order to locate your friends, contacts and employees on the Service and to invite them to register with our Service. With your permission, we may integrate our Service with your calendar system (such as Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.) in order to provide updates of your schedule on the Service to your calendar, and to integrate your calendar entries with your 鲸鱼电竞 schedule.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, such as identity verification, payroll vendors and other information. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, permit you to communicate with others on the Service or on social media, or invite others to join the Service. We may compile analytics and share performance data on a de-identified or aggregate basis. We may send you communications that contain information about our products or Service, or information about third parties’ products or services we think you may enjoy. We may also send you Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, messages and schedules, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “ Your Choices Regarding Your Information ” below.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our communications, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service. When you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website or by clicking here . If you choose to delete Flash objects from our sites, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the sites or benefit from the information and services offered.
2. Sharing Information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “ Your Choices Regarding Your Information ” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Other members of the Service. Your information will be shared other users of the Service, as needed to provide the Service to you. For example, some of your information may be shared with your employer and with other employees of the same employer in order to facilitate scheduling, timekeeping and communication. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions through your Settings (see “ Your Choices Regarding Your Information ” below). We also share information about your use of the Service with your employer for analytic purposes. For example, we provide reporting tools to allow an employer to evaluate the efficiency of its workforce, and its employees’ responsiveness and availability;
- With third parties with your consent. From time to time, we may provide an opportunity to share your information with one of our third party partners or other individuals. We will ask for your consent before engaging in this type of sharing;
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as 鲸鱼电竞 , which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, hosting services, or providing analytics services;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena/court order, legal process or other government request, (ii) enforce our Terms of Service, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of 鲸鱼电竞 , its users or the public as required or permitted by law and (v) detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Profile and Data Sharing Settings.
You may change some of your data sharing preferences on your Settings page. For example, you may mark certain aspects of your profile as private so that it may not be viewable by other users of the Service. If you use the Service as an employee, certain elements of your information will be automatically shared with your employer, depending on how your employer has configured the company account and user permissions on the Service.
Access to your Device Information.
You may control the app’s access to your device information through your “Settings” feature on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the app to access your address book and location data.
From time to time, the Service will send communications about news and updates, advice and analytics relating to your use of the Service. The Service also facilitates communication between users by email, text message and in-app notifications. Users can adjust communications preferences through Settings.
- When an employer invites an employee to register with the Service, we will send that employee a message using the contact information provided by the employer. The employer must certify that it has the employee’s consent for 鲸鱼电竞 to contact the employee on the employer’s behalf using that method of communication.
- If you want to invite your friends, contacts or employees to try out the Service, we will send the contact an email, which may include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store these contacts for ease of connecting with them on the Service at a later time. We may also provide you the option to send invitations via SMS text message. You may not use the Service to send text messages unless you have the consent from the recipient to receive text message communications.
From time to time, we may send promotional messages. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can change your email preferences on your Settings page on our websites, or you can click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to for our internal purposes. When you deactivate your account, including if you are removed from an employer’s company account, we will remove your information from view by others on the Service but we may retain your account information internally so that you can access your account history through an individual account and so that you may re-register an account with another employer more quickly in the future. You may request to delete your account information by contacting us at email@example.com . However, please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Service. For example, your employer will have a record of your schedule when you were employed, and will retain the data the employer provided to us about you.
Deleting or Anonymizing Your Content.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may request to delete or anonymize user content that you posted to the Service such that your personal information will not be identifiable publicly on our Service by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . While we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to delete or anonymize your user content upon request, please be aware that due to the nature of our Service, you may not be able to completely remove all of your personally identifiable user content if, for example, that content has been stored, republished, or reposted by another user or a third party. We may also maintain your information in identifiable form for our internal use, even if your personal data is no longer visible to the public on our Service.
4. Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our website, and from our emails/communications, over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps , or on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including hashed data , click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. This information is used to display targeted ads on or through our Service or on other websites or apps, including on Facebook, and may be combined and/or linked with data from other sources. We or the online advertising networks, subject to their own privacy policies, use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests. As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at networkadvertising.org/choices , and/or the DAA’s resources at aboutads.info/choices , and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app. If you have any questions about opting out of the collection of cookies and other tracking/recording tools, you can contact us directly at email@example.com .
5. Security and Storage of Information
鲸鱼电竞 cares about the security of your information and employs physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. If you are an employee whose information is associated with a Company account on our Service, we will notify the employer or company user of a breach of security which requires legal notification, and your employer shall be responsible for informing you of the incident.
6. Persons Under the Age of 13
The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. Links to Third Party Websites
The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, social media sites, and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
8. Region-Specific Disclosures
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of California, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures .
- If you are a resident of Nevada, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact us using the contact information below.
9. Updates to this Policy
10. Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
鲸鱼电竞 , Inc. 420 North 5th St. Suite 500 Minneapolis, MN 55401 U.S.A.
11. Last Revision Date
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of July 1, 2020.
California Privacy Disclosures
Last Updated: July 1, 2020
These California Privacy Disclosures (“ Disclosures ”) apply to you if you are a resident of the state of California. California law requires us to disclose certain information regarding the categories of personal information we collect. For purposes of these Disclosures, “personal information” has the meaning provided by the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “ CCPA ”) and does not include information that is publicly available, that is deidentified or aggregated such that it is not capable of being associated with you, or that is excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, such as the HIPAA, the FCRA, GLBA or the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994. These Disclosures also do not apply to personal information we collect when we are acting as a “service provider” to process information pursuant to a contract with one of our business customers.
Collection and use of personal information . We collect personal information from and about you for a variety of purposes. For example, we use personal information to fulfill your requests, process your transactions and provide our Service to you; to communicate with you; for marketing and advertising purposes; to monitor, improve, and develop our Service; and to protect the security and integrity of our business, comply with legal requirements and obligations; for our business and operational purposes; and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Collected||Categories of Sources|
Identifiers , such as your name, email address, password and contact information
California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as contact information and payment information.
Protected Classification Characteristics, such as age and gender.
Commercial Information , such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Biometric Information , such as face, eye or other biometric scans.
Internet/Network Information , such as device information, logs and analytics data.
Geolocation Data , such as precise location information from your device or generated based on IP address.
Sensory Information , such as recordings of phone calls with us, where permitted by law.
Profession/Employment Information, such as your job title, pay-scale and shift information.
Non-Public Education Information , such as personal information from an education record.
Other Personal Information , including information you post on our social media pages or otherwise provide to us.
Inferences, such as predictions about your interests and preferences.
Your California Rights and Choices . As a California resident, you may be able to request to exercise the following rights:
The Right to Know
any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling the personal information.
- The Right to Request Deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Opt Out of Personal Information Sales to third parties now or in the future.
You also have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising these rights. However, please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products and services or engage with you in the same manner.
To submit your California Consumer Rights Requests . You may submit a request to exercise your California Consumer Rights through one of the mechanisms described below. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to request additional personal information from you or require you to log into your account, if you have one. In certain circumstances, we may decline or limit your request, particularly where we are unable to verify your identity or locate your information in our systems, or as permitted by law.
To exercise your California Consumer Rights, please submit a request by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “California Rights Request,” or
- Calling 1-800-977-3675
Updates to these CA Disclosures
We will update these CA Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these CA Disclosures, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these CA Disclosures. If we make material changes to these CA Disclosures, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.